ONE SIMPLE MOVE, INC.
2. Information Collection and Usage. We collect demographic and individual information such as your name, home and/or work address, Social Security number, email address, birth date, gender, ZIP code, and occupation. In addition, we may ask for billing information (including credit card and bank account numbers) and information about your assets.
When you register and establish an account at our website, you are asked to enter personal and non-personal information. Personal information is also collected when you purchase and use our products and/or services, when you visit web pages within our website, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. In addition, we may collect information about your transactions with us, Affiliate Partners, and other vendors. We may combine information we have collected about you with information that business partners or other companies have (such as demographic information) to improve and personalize our website and to offer you relevant products and services.
We also may receive and record information provided to us by your browser, including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, the web pages you visit, search terms you entered, the Uniform Resource Located ("URL") of the website that you visited just before our website, and the URL you go to after your visit to our website.
We use information for the following general purposes: to help run our website efficiently, to improve our products and services, to monitor the level of activity on our website, to provide you information and services from our company, to resolve disputes and collect fees, to prevent prohibited activities, to fulfill your requests for products and services, to contact you, to offer you promotional offers from our Affiliate Partners and other vendors, and to provide reporting for internal and external clients.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure. OSM may rent, sell, transfer or disclose to third parties, including to third parties that reside in jurisdictions with less restrictive data laws than your own, personal information about you for the purpose of approving and enabling your participation in our website. We may also share non-personally-identifiable information about You with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
We may also disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
(a) To third-parties to whom you ask us to send your information (or whom you are explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
(b) To respond to subpoenas, court orders, search warrants or legal process, or to establish or exercise our or a third-party's legal rights, or in defense against legal claims;
(c) To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities (including intellectual property infringement and fraud), potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our terms and conditions of use, or as otherwise required by law;
(e) If OSM (or part of it) is merged with or acquired by another business entity or its assets are acquired. Should such an event occur, OSM would share some or all of your personal and non-personal information with the other business entities.
OSM displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. OSM does not provide personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement. However, by interacting with or viewing an advertisement you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeted criteria used to display the ad. OSM advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as moving companies, home cleaning companies, and auction houses).
4. Cookies and Web Beacons. We use "cookies" to help us analyze our website, measure effectiveness of advertising, and for other similar purposes. A cookie is a small amount of data which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer's hard drive. We also use "web beacons" to count users who have visited certain web pages on our website and to determine how many users have accessed certain cookies. When a visitor accesses the respective web page, an anonymous notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by our Affiliate Partners and other vendors. Web beacons work in conjunction with cookies. You can configure your browser to accept cookies, reject cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Disabling your cookies may prevent you from enjoying the features offered on our website.
OSM may let third-parties show advertisements on some of our web pages and these third-parties can access their cookies on your computer. Other companies use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
5. Editing and Deleting Your Account Information and Preferences. When you register with OSM or submit information to OSM, a temporary copy of that information is routinely made to prevent accidental loss of your information. We keep your account information active in our user registration databases in order to provide immediate access to your personalization preferences each time you visit our website. If you contact us, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments.
If you ask OSM to delete your OSM account, in most cases your account will be deactivated and then deleted from our user registration database in approximately 90 days. Any information that we have copied may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your deletion request. This may be the case even though no information about your account remains in our active user databases.
6. Confidentiality and Security. OSM stores and processes your information on servers located in several different datacenters in the country that are protected by physical as well as technological security devices. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur. Indeed, there is no such thing as "perfect security" on the internet. Nonetheless, we take all reasonable steps to insure the safety of your personal information.
7. A Special Note About Children. Our services are not directed towards minors. Minors are not eligible to use our services and should not submit any personal information to us. If we learn that we have personal information on a minor under the age of 18, we will delete that information ourselves.